The Second Undergraduate Research Symposium 2022 - Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Introduction: The Second Undergraduate Research Symposium – 2022 organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities of Rajarata University of Sri Lanka is a golden opportunity for undergraduate researchers to share their knowledge, experiences, and outcomes of research, and contribute to disseminate valuable, innovative findings to a well-read audience.
The Undergraduate Research Symposium consists of verbal presentation sessions by students from the Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts.
Aim: The aim is to enhance research culture among undergraduates of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
Theme: ‘Exploring Knowledge and Skills in Multidisciplinary Research’
- Archaeology & Heritage Management
- History & Culture
- Environmental Management & Water Resources Management
- Society & Culture
- Tourism Management
- Education & Learning
- Linguistics & Language Studies
- English Language Teaching
- Communication & Media Society
- Economics & Management
- Information Systems & Management
Abstracts are invited on the topics outlined above.
Guidelines for Students
- The candidate should be an undergraduate of the Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities of Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and accepted or rejected by the editorial board under the recommendation of the reviewer’s comment
- The principal author is expected to present the paper at the research symposium.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
All the authors should present their research using MS PowerPoint. Details of the presentations are as follows:
- Duration of the presentation: 10 minutes
- Question time: 03 to 05 minutes
Abstract Templates and Guidelines
Authors are required to submit an abstract prepared according to the following guidelines.
The abstract must be written in one paragraph. The abstract must summarize the key points of the manuscript in 200 to 350 words. Abstract title should be limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE, Times New Roman, 12Pt, Bold. It should specifically contain the Introduction, Problem Statement, Objective, Methodology, Results and Discussion, and Conclusion of the study. The abstract must be written in clear English/Sinhala using accurate grammar and Times New Roman /FM Abaya, 12Pt.
The selected abstracts will be published in the symposium proceedings.
See the sample abstract attached herewith.