Diploma in Information Communication Technology ( Extension)
The Computer Centre intends to conduct a Diploma in ICT (Extension) course to enhance the opportunities for further ICT education for those who already possess basic qualifications and are in need of higher qualifications in ICT. This programme will be a 1 (one) year programme
Aims and objectives of the Diploma in ICT (Extension)
- To make available opportunities to those who aspire to further enhance their basic ICT knowledge.
- To help participants improve their competence, self confidence and skills in the application of ICT in various disciplines.
- To encourage participants to pursue ICT courses with international recognition such as ACS, BCS etc. by providing a strong theoretical and practical background.
- To provide an opportunity for the participants to obtain a Diploma Level University ICT qualification for their promotional prospects.
- To produce personnel sufficiently skilled to handle ICT requirements of small and medium scale enterprises effectively.
- No Person shall be considered for admission to the course of study unless they have:Passed G.C.E. (O/L) in 06 subjects with at least simple passes in, Science and Sinhala/Tamil and at least credit passes in Mathematics and English
- Secured a pass in the Certificate Course in Information and Communication Technology (Extension) conducted by Rajarata University.
- Any other equivalent qualification acceptable to the Senate upon the recommendation of the Board of Studies
- A pass mark on at the selection test of the Diploma Course in ICT conducted by the Computer Centre.
- Those who have secured a pass in the “Certificate Course in Information Communication Technology” are not required to sit the above selection test.
- Those who have secured a pass in the Certificate Course in English (extension) conducted by the Rajarata University of Sri Lanka or any equivalent course conducted by other Universities and Higher Education Institutions shall have a credit pass in English.
The basics of computer literacy and IQ will be tested
|DICT 01||Mathematics for Computing|
|DICT 02||Programme Design|
|DICT 03||Information Systems|
|DICT 04||Database Design|
|DICT 05||.Net Programming|
|DICT 06||Visual Basic for Applications|
|DICT 07||Web Design|
|DICT 08||Graphics Design and Desktop Publishing|
|DICT 09||Internetworking with TCP / IP|
|DICT 10||Statistical Analysis|
|DICT 11||Current Topics|
Duration of the programme
This course will be conducted for a period of one year on Saturdays from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm at Computer Centre, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, Mihintale.
Medium of instruction: English
1. Mr. PD. Wimalasiri, B.Sc. (Ruh.), M.Sc. (Col.)
2. Mr. VKN. Gamini, B.Sc. (Busi.Ad.) (SJP), PGD (Col.) M.Sc. (Col.)
3. Mr. NS. Weerakoon, B.Sc. (Eng.) (Pera.), M.Sc. (Pera.)
4. Mr. PS. Palliyaguruge, B.Sc. (Hons.) (Pera.), M.Sc. (Pera.)
5. Mr. NMAPB Nilwakka, B.Sc. (Hons.) (Pera.), M.Sc. (Pera.)
6. Mr. PJ Amarakoon, B.Sc. (SJP), PGD (Col.) M.Sc. (Col.)
7. Mr. PG Munasinghe, B.Sc.(Col. ), PGD (Col.), M.Sc. (Col.)
8. Mrs. AW. Irugalbandara, B. Sc. (Hons.) (SLIIT),M.Sc. (Col.)
9. Mrs. SA. Warnatunga, B. Sc. (Hons.) (SLIIT),M.Sc. (Col.)
Please forward applications with 2 self-addressed stamped envelopes to:
Assistant Registrar Centre for Distance and Continuing Education (CDCE) Rajarata University of Sri Lanka Mihintale – 50300
Please attach certified photocopies of all relevant certificates of qualifications to your application.
Closing date of Applications: 16.09.2019
For further information, Contact:
025-2266251 (Assistant Registrar – CDCE),
025-226 6792 (Computer Centre),
071-630 2000 (Jayantha)
(The University reserves the right to modify the programme as required)