The Library, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, is pioneered for the acquisition, organizing and distribution of knowledge and information to its users. It provides services to the university community such as Undergraduates, Postgraduates, Academic staff members, Administrative and non-academic staff members. In addition, the library serves the knowledge and contribution to the researchers and outside community in the region.
The system consists of four branch libraries in different locations and the Main library on a university’s main premise. Along with the Main Library, Applied Sciences Library is also located near the university and its premises. Main Library delivers the service to the Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities, Faculty of Management studies, while the Applied Sciences library serves as their facility for them. The Branch Library, located in Puliyankulama near Anuradhapura town, serves to the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences. The Library located in Saliyapura near the Saliyapura Gajaba Regiment Headquarters serves the Faculty of Medical and Allied Sciences, and it also drives the Clinical Library in General Hospital, Anuradhapura.
The staff of the Library consists of professionals, paraprofessionals, and supportive staff. The library network holds over 118105 book titles and about 300 foreign and local journals. These resources are available in both printed and electronic formats. The Library has subscribed to two online journal databases, which can access the full text of over 200 journal titles in Medicine and Management disciplines and also serves the e-journal databases that are under the consortium.
Mrs. A.S. Siriwardana
Services of the library include,
- Lending facilities
- Reference facilities
- Interlibrary loan systems
- Current awareness programs
- Information Literacy programs
- Workshops and library website maintenance
Vision To be the best academic library in the country that caters to learning, teaching and research in the fields of Agriculture, Applied Sciences, Management Sciences, Medical and Allied Sciences and Social Sciences and Humanities.
To provide information services through highest effective management of resources using best skills and technology for the teaching and learning process at Rajarata University of Sri Lanka
- To provide and maintain a collection of books, journals, multimedia and e-Journals that is current and comprehensive in terms of coverage of the various disciplines.
- To serve the readers of the Library using available information in a supportive and catering manner.
- To co-operate with other Libraries and library related institutions.
- Providing the best user services to the users. (To the students and academic staff members)
- Providing efficient library services implementing a new library automation system and buildup an Intranet connecting the faculty libraries.
- Staff Development through training and recruitment.
- Exploit the usage of the Library.
- Conservation and preservation of the library resources.
- To develop the professional skills of the librarians and others of the North Central Province.
- The staff of the Library consists of professionals, paraprofessionals, and supportive staffs. The library network holds over 118105 of book titles and about 300 foreign and local journals. These resources are available in both printed and electronic formats. The Library has subscribed to two online journal databases which can be accesses the full text of over 200 journal titles in Medicine and Management disciplines and also serves the e-journal databases that are in under consortium.
- Website : http://library.rjt.ac.lk/
- Repository : http://repository.rjt.ac.lk/
Opening Hours :
- Lending/Reference (Monday – Saturday) 8.30AM – 4.15PM
- Special Collection (Monday – Friday) 8.30AM – 4.15PM
- Periodical Section (Monday – Saturday) 8.30AM – 4.15PM
- Audio Visual (Monday – Friday) 9.00AM – 4.00PM