INTRODUCTION AND AIM
The security division of the rajarata university of Sri Lanka was established in 1996 with the aim of to protect the university properties and ensure the safety of the students and the university staff too. This service is made available throughout the 24 hours according to a shift duty system.
The security division is function under the guidance of the chief security officer with the direction of vice chancellor and the registrar. The security service of the university consists of an internal staff and a private security service.
At presently, the security division of the university own security consisting with a chief security officer,04 security inspectors and 01 security guard. From the security services side have been attached oic’s, sso’s, Jso’s and Lso’s too.
1. Assist to maintain a peaceful environment within the University.
2. Assist the marshal’s division when it’s to be required.
3. All the functions such as the ceremonies, welfare activities of the undergraduates and emergency situations are handled for the benefit of the university.
4. Keep profound connection between the local authority, such as divisional secretariat office, rural local authority, municipal council, fire brigade, forces etc.
5. Liaison with the intelligence sources and the police.
Chief Security Officer
Major A.M.T.K Chandrasekara, Rsp(Retd)