Being established in 1996 with the founding of the Faculty of Management Studies, the Department of Business Management produces high quality and innovative graduates equipped with knowledge, skills and attitudes in catering to the needs of the Sri Lankan and global business community. The department offers following undergraduate degree programmes.
B.Sc. (Business Management) Special Degree Program
The B.Sc. Special Degree in Business Management is a four-year degree program, which consists of eight semesters. The aim of this degree program is to equip students with required knowledge, skills and attitudes in order to produce high quality, innovative graduates in the field of Business Management who are capable of holding managerial positions in private and public sector organizations.
Objectives of the Programme
Head of the DepartmentDr.H.M.B.P. RanaweeraHead of The DepartmentSenior Lecturer G IPh.DEmail : firstname.lastname@example.orgTel : +94 71 8344611
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this degree programme the graduates are expected to have;
- an in-depth Knowledge and understanding of the basic functional areas of business management and how they are coordinated strategically and operationally.
- recognized the integrated nature of business and the importance of an holistic approach to business management
- an adequate knowledge and skills in modern information technology and communication
- acquired the necessary managerial skills to manage appropriate organization
- possessed futuristic, flexible, sensitive, change oriented, learning oriented, strategy oriented values needed to manage the organizations efficiently and effectively.
- developed positive attitudes for successfully managing the organizations which they are responsible and ensuring their progress and career development.
- to develop necessary skills to conduct research to solve real world business issues and problems
- acquired practical exposure and hands of experiences on various aspects of business management
© Copyright_2016 Faculty of Management Studies. Powered by IT Unit