Faculty of Management Studies
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is one of the six faculties which operate as one of the ‘Centre of excellence’ in management studies. It has a population of around 1600 students following undergraduate studies and a young but energetic team of about 50 members of academic staff. The faculty offers educational programmes both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; they include Bachelor’s degrees, post graduate diplomas, postgraduate degrees offered under different sub-disciplines of management. The Faculty consists of six academic departments, viz, the Department of Accountancy & Finance, Department of Business Management, Departmentof Human Resource Management, Departmentof Information System, Department of Marketing Managemnt and the Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management and each of which offers minimum one degree programmes.
The mission of the Faculty of Management Studies is to provide quality education in Management Studies and leadership with practical skills and to conduct research giving due consideration to the changing environment
Our ObjectivesThe aims and objectives of the faculty are,
- To provide the students with business and management education to assist and develop the business enterprises,
- To make opportunities for the students to gain necessary skills and knowledge required by emerging industries / business enterprises and to enable them to be professionals in the rapidly developing business environment,
- To provide adequate theoretical and practical knowledge to understand the problems in the business world and to develop their prospective careers,
- To encourage student to achieve their full potential in creative thinking, problem solving, communication, and research skills relevant to their specific area of study, and
- To provide students with a greater support in pursuing disciplinary sub-majors where and when facilities are available.