English Language Teaching Unit
The English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) of Rajarata University serves four faculties namely Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities, Faculty of Management Studies, Faculty of Applied Sciences and Faculty of Agriculture. The ELTU conducts ELT programs on General English and English for specific purposes. In addition, ELTU has being serving the community outside the University by conducting three different Extension English Courses which are well received by the population in North Central, North and North Western Provinces.
- Inculcate correct values in students.
- Develop leadership qualities among students.
- Facilitate students in their academic learning and research.
- Facilitate students to adjust themselves and fit in to changing world.
- Provide opportunities to gain access to international academic institutes.
- Develop positive relationship with the society.
- To equip the students:
- With the necessary Language Skills in order to enable them to communicate in English with confidence and ease.
- With the necessary skills to have access to subject matter and knowledge.
- With the necessary Language Skills to handle the new technological innovations in the process of communication.
- With the necessary Language Skills to increase and enhance job opportunities.
- With the necessary skills to gain access to foreign universities.
- With the necessary Language Skills to gain access to the Global Village.
- Establish close interaction with the regional community