The Library system of the Rajarata University of Sri Lanka is the main vehicle for acquisition, organization and distribution of knowledge and information to her academics. The library provides services to the university community such as undergraduates, postgraduates, academic staff members, Administrative and non academic staff members. In addition, the library serves to the researchers and outside community in the region.
The library system of the Rajarata University is consisted with main library and three faculty libraries in different locations. The Main Library and Applied Sciences library are located within the Mihintale premises and serves to the Faculties of Social Sciences and humanities, Management studies and Applied Sciences consecutively. The Branch Library located in Puliyankulama closed to Anuradhapura town serves to the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences. The Library located in Saliyapura closed to the Saliyapura Gajaba Regiment Headquarters serves to the Faculty of Medical and Allied Sciences And Professorial Unit, General Hospital, Anuradhapura.
The staff of the library consists of professional, paraprofessionals and supportive staffs. The whole Library Network holds over 30000 titles of books and about 300 journal titles (foreign and local). These resources are available in both print and electronic formats. Library has subscribed 2 online journal databases which can be access full text over 200 journal titles in Medicine and Management disciplines. Services of the library include lending facilities, reference facilities, interlibrary loan systems, current awareness programs, Information Literacy programs, workshops and library website maintenance. Useful links for online resources are also provids through the library web site. The library catalogues can be seen through Online Public Access Catalogues (OPACs.) University Institutional Repository maintains by the Library.
The Vision of the Library
To be the best academic library in the country that caters to learning, teaching and research in the fields of Agriculture, Applied Sciences, Management Sciences, Medical and Allied Sciences and Social Sciences and Humanities.
The Mission of the Library
To provide information services through highest effective management of resources using best skills and technology for the teaching and learning process at Rajarata University of Sri Lanka
The Objectives of the Library
- To provide and maintain a collection of books, journals, multimedia and e-Journals that is current and comprehensive in terms of coverage of the various disciplines.
- To serve the readers of the library using available information as a supportive and catering manner.
- To co-operate with other libraries and library related institutions.
- Providing best user services to the users. (To the students and academic staff members)
- Providing efficient library services implementing a new library automation system and buildup an Intranet connecting the faculty libraries.
- Staff Development through training and recruitment
- Exploit the usage of the library
- Conservation and preservation of the library resources
- To develop the professional skills of the librarians and others of the North Central Province
The Main Library,
Rajarata University of Sri Lanka,
Fax : +94252266694
Website : http://www.rjt.ac.lk/library/
Faculty Libraries: Agriculture
Lending/Reference (Monday – Saturday) 8.30AM 4.15PM
Special Collection (Monday – Friday) 8.30AM 4.15PM
Periodical Section (Monday – Saturday) 8.30AM 4.15PM
Audio Visual (Monday – Friday) 9.00AM 4.00PM
(Library is Closed On Sundays, Public holidays and Poya days)
|Mrs. A.S. Siriwardana||Librarian|
|Mr. W.M.A.K. Wijekoon||Incharge of Technical Division, Classification & Cataloging|
|Mr. S.K. Illangarathne||Incharge of Technical Library Acquisitions & Library Automation System|